Thursday, October 31, 2013

What to Wear: for Halloween (costume link-up!)

This, my friends, is what a lumberjack looks like. Handsome, I know. 
(If I'm being honest, which I always am, this outfit makes me feel badass. It could just be the axe, but I was feeling mighty powerful while I was posing for these photos.)

Truth be told, I had no idea what in the world I was going to wear for this post or for Halloween until about 15 minutes before these photos were taken. That was yesterday evening. I'd say I did pretty well for shopping Ian's closet for a costume. The Elmer Fudd hat is something I picked up four years ago while I was checking out Barkerville, this little historic town in British Columbia. It came with a matching scarf and every so often I bust them out as winter adventure wear. The flannel shirt is Ian's, as are the suspenders... and the knife, the axe and the pipe. Let me just say, it's convenient having him around come Halloween time.



Did you post your Halloween costume today? Then why not link up with the What to Wear ladies? We'd love to see what you're sporting tonight. If you can't make it this round, why not join us on Nov. 14 when it's What to Wear: mixing patterns? We'd sure love to have you!


What are you wearing for All Hallows' Eve?

16 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen so much red flannel in my life and you pull it off smashingly ;). And that pipe is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I'm super impressed you put this together in 15 minutes. You make the cutest lumberjack I ever did see. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great costume! Happy Halloween!

    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is so good! I especially love your pipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Halloween! I love this costume, so fun! and also threw my costume together in like 15 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! If I was dressing up I probably would have done this. :) but I'm supposed to wear "funeral attire" tonight to the opera, so no costume for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome costume! Hubs wants us to dress up like a rock band. We'll see how that one turns out, because we're only shopping our closets as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have added blood to the axe. Fake or otherwise ;)

    Otherwise, I already knew Ian was pretty damn awesome, but this just solidifies it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's awesome that your Ian - and my Ben - both have a corn cob pipe... and it gets used here too! You look fierce - and beautifully handsome..? :o)
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! :-D (I'm all for Halloween costumes that involve warm hats and flannel).

    Thanks for the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look awesome!! i love that costume idea :) thanks for letting me know about the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! Great outfit, & definitely bad ass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Question: what makes you think you can be so awesome?

    I mean, seriously. It's hardly fair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love this! You did SO good. How awesome that he just had this stuff lying around! Haha.
    Thanks for linking up! :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i actually think it makes a cute every day outfit...sans the pipe and axe, i suppose!

    ReplyDelete