Thursday, November 28, 2013

What to Wear: thrifting



No butt photos for you this week, friends. No siree. (It just dawned on me that if you didn't pop in for What to Wear: mixing patterns, you have no idea what I'm talking about.... oh well.)

For me, the perfect thrifting outfit requires five things:
  1. Hair up and out of the way. 
  2. Jeans that can be paired with any top. 
  3. A tank top that can be worn under anything.
  4. Layers! You never know what the temperature will be in a thrift shop, nor do you know how hard you'll be thrifting. 
  5. And comfort, yo! 
This outfit has all of the above and it also includes a raccoon print, which in my book is pretty freaking rad.


Seriously, folks, are you seeing this pattern!? So awesome.

From top to bottom:
Earrings: Thrifted
Glasses: Firmoo
Necklace: Craft Fair 
Top: Ransom (Jasper)
Tank: Ardene
Cardigan: Thrifted
Jeans: American Eagle
Shoes: Thrifted



Well there you have it, my thrifting ensemble. Now be sure to check out what the rest of the What to Wear ladies put together for this week's prompt. And if you'd like to join in the What to Wear fun with your own thrifting outfit, be sure to link up below. We'd love to see what you'd wear while picking up secondhand deals.



What's your go-to thrift shopping outfit? Is there a method to your madness or do you wear anything and everything while you're hunting for deals?

5 comments:

  1. Yep, that's a pretty rad print that your shirt there! I like your bun too; sock bun? lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove that shirt- cutest print! I totally dropped the ball this week and I'm going to blame Thanksgiving but here I am reading blogs, so… Perfect thrifting look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the out fit, but that shirt is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is so cute, and you definitely nailed the thrifting requirements for clothes. I'm always such a fail because I go on a whim, and I always end up in a dress with tights and like ten layers of sweaters. Also? The raccoons!!! So awesome!!! I keep having to look for them and they appear at random, like a magic eye puzzle. So good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally rad. I have to agree. But those earrings are the clutch!

    ReplyDelete