Friday, November 22, 2013

What up, winter?


The snow has fallen and Jasper's been transformed into a winter wonderland. Am I ready? Well, no, but I did get to pull out my new-to-me thrifted parka on Wednesday, so that was pretty exciting. I'll call that a win for winter. And now that it's cold and Christmas craft fairs are around the corner (there's one tonight!), I also have an excuse to sit at home crocheting. So that's another solid plus in my books.

Aside from working, which, as you all know, I do too much of, I have been sitting at home with my crochet hook, working away in preparation for tonight's fair. I've made 15 toques and 15 headbands. Fingers crossed I sell each and every one of them. Ian would be ever-so disappointed if I returned home with them because that would mean he would yet again be out of a seat on the couch. Did I mention that's where all of the crafting goes on? And that all of my supplies have taken up the cozy cushions around my bum? Yeah, that's how I roll.

Other winter pluses...
  • the local curling rink held free learn to curl lessons for the past month, so we got our curl on for a few nights. 
  • there was a ornament making workshop for Christmas last weekend! Heck ya for group crafting, especially when it's seasonal.
  • I might finally have time to get back to Project Life. Now, wouldn't that be something!?
  • the ski hill is open and I'm FINALLY going to invest in a new set of skis and boots. Yahoo.
  • chai tea tastes and smells 500-times better because there's snow on the ground.
  • it's back to double scarf weather: one for fashion and one for warmth
What are you excited about this winter season?

5 comments:

  1. I can't say I'm a huge fan of winter (and it's getting progressively colder here in Michigan), but I have to agree with you - Chai tea, hazelnut coffee, and hot chocolate all taste and smell a million times better when there's a chill in air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consistently jealous of your mountain life. I want snoooow! We've had some hail and flurries, but nothing that's stuck yet. :( My only [personal] goal this winter is to learn how to make stovetop homemade chai tea lattes because hooooly hell they are amazing on cold snowy days! I had a roommate a few years back make me one, and I've been itching to try it myself since. I have just now decided that this is the year I do so! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to move back to a small town. There just isn't this level of interaction in Edmonton. Everyone's busy hating their life it seems! haha Jasper looks like a great town to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to start skiing soon, so that's something I'm looking forward to. Also maybe trekking to Jasper? I'll let you know.

    PS LOVE YOUR HEADBANDS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely shots.. and especially of you lashes! Love your list here.. sounds like you are managing to squeak in some sanity saving fun and creativity there ~ happy winter! xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete