The snow has fallen and Jasper's been transformed into a winter wonderland. Am I ready? Well, no, but I did get to pull out my new-to-me thrifted parka on Wednesday, so that was pretty exciting. I'll call that a win for winter. And now that it's cold and Christmas craft fairs are around the corner (there's one tonight!), I also have an excuse to sit at home crocheting. So that's another solid plus in my books.
Aside from working, which, as you all know, I do too much of, I have been sitting at home with my crochet hook, working away in preparation for tonight's fair. I've made 15 toques and 15 headbands. Fingers crossed I sell each and every one of them. Ian would be ever-so disappointed if I returned home with them because that would mean he would yet again be out of a seat on the couch. Did I mention that's where all of the crafting goes on? And that all of my supplies have taken up the cozy cushions around my bum? Yeah, that's how I roll.
Other winter pluses...
- the local curling rink held free learn to curl lessons for the past month, so we got our curl on for a few nights.
- there was a ornament making workshop for Christmas last weekend! Heck ya for group crafting, especially when it's seasonal.
- I might finally have time to get back to Project Life. Now, wouldn't that be something!?
- the ski hill is open and I'm FINALLY going to invest in a new set of skis and boots. Yahoo.
- chai tea tastes and smells 500-times better because there's snow on the ground.
- it's back to double scarf weather: one for fashion and one for warmth
What are you excited about this winter season?