Saturday, December 14, 2013

Choo choo! Make room for the gingerbread train





As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Lisa and I spent last Saturday afternoon cooped up inside, plastering gingerbread with copious amounts of icing and candy. And as you can see from the above photos, we excelled at both tasks. This wouldn't have been quite so easy had Lisa not brought along an entire candy aisle worth of goodies to put on this bad boy... oh! and did I mention it's a train? Yeah, that's right, a gingerbread train! Who needs a house when you can have a train!!?

By the end, once there wasn't another surface to cover, we were pretty pleased with our creation. So pleased, in fact, that we let him stay in pristine condition for a few good hours before we started tearing him apart.

I finished the last piece a couple of nights ago and now I'm dying to construct another one. How about you make a return trip, Lisa? Goodness knows I couldn't make something this spectacular alone!

Have you ever made a gingerbread house or train? What's your favourite topping?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have been wanting to do this one!! Looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eating his "mustache" right now. It's delicious.

    ReplyDelete