When you walk outside, your nose hair immediately freezes, giving you a weird tingling sensation. In about five minutes, if you have watery eyes like me, your eye lashes will also be frozen and the longer you spend in the cold, the thicker the frost will get. It's definitely the kind of weather you need long johns and goose down for.
2. Ian's work was about to throw out an old Scrabble set because it was missing some letters, but he couldn't have such waste of a perfectly good craft supply, so he brought the letters home and made this little poem(?) that now hangs in our bathroom. I've read it so many times now that I have it memorized.
3. LISA CAME TO VISIT! Guys, I love this girl. She's the best. And she was here for three whole days. We had the best visit, and part of that visit included attending a wine and cheese party at a cute little shop in town. While we were there, Lisa picked up this fierce blazer that makes her look totally amazeballs.
4. If you're not Canadian, these tickets mean NOTHING to you. But if you are Canadian you're probably peeing your pants with jealousy right now. Well, that is if you grew up listening to CBC radio, anyway. That's right! I'm going to see the one and only Stuart McLean, the greatest storyteller on the planet. I'm seriously losing it with excitement!
5. Ian's work Christmas party was on Sunday and there was a photobooth, but no props... so, we snagged this statue out of the coatroom and got a little silly.
6. Fancy that, there was a photobooth (the same one, in fact) at the Christmas party on Friday, as well, so Lisa, Mishelle and I went nuts.. and this time there were plenty of props to choose from.
7. I pulled out my Christmas ornaments and decorations on Sunday, but I don't yet have a tree, so they've been taunting me ever since. Tree hunting will commence this weekend!
8. While out for a walk at Jasper Park Lodge on Sunday, we came across a broken wasps nest. It was pretty neat to feel just how light nests are and to look inside.
9. Lisa and I made an amazing gingerbread train on Saturday. I'll show you more photos of our masterpiece tomorrow. Stay tuned, folks.
So, that's life lately. What's up with all of you?
To follow what's happening in my day to day life, find me on Instagram @GypsyinJasper.