Thursday, December 12, 2013

What to Wear: holiday spirit


What says holiday spirit more than an awkward family photo at an awkward town Christmas party?

Truth be told, this is not my family. I do spend enough time with these folks, though, that you might consider them an extended family. These three gems are my work family and this is how we dress for a holiday shindig. I'd like to note that I am the ONLY one wearing colour and I am obviously the only one with any holiday spirit. Although I love my work family, they are far from festive. Mishelle wears black, black and more black.... and Matt and Trevor are boys with limited dress-up wardrobes, so of course they ended up wearing black, as well. I will give Trevor some credit, though, for that green tie. At least it's something, right?


When I'm dressing up for a holiday party or outing, I always try to throw in a festive colour. In this case it's a thrifted bright green cardigan. I love this cardigan. I don't wear it often because it has a bit of a weird shape, with buttons that go way up to your neck, but when I do wear it, I feel bright and cheerful.

From top to bottom:
Necklace: gift from Ian
Dress: Ardenes
Sweater: thrifted
Belt: Reitmans
Tights: Ardenes

What outfit makes you feel festive? Post it. We'd love to see it. Link up with us today, so we can check out how you show your holiday spirit.

If you have another holiday outfit you want to share, we'll be linking up again on Dec. 26 with our Christmas dinner outfits. Hope to see you then!

8 comments:

  1. EEK!! I still love how these turned out. Mishelle did buy that tasseled sweater on the weekend, so she gets points for that.

    Your skin does look amazing with that flash, mee-yow! Who's your photographer? She's a fucking genius. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit, it's perfect for holiday parties! And these photos are perfect haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love the awkward family photo tribute :) It's pretty great when your work pals feel like family. Good score on the cardi and your whole outfit is super cute- yay for wearing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Trevor's face and pose is so perfect-creepy in the first one!! ACK! Still blowing my mind! Good times....

    Yeah, and I totally forgot this was happening this week. So....yep...radio silence over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! These are great, you all look mighty dashing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also believe in colour for the holidays!! Love your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first picture is just too great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete