Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goofy year in review






2013 was a truly nutty year for me. I went from working at home in my PJs to being promoted to editor of the local newspaper, and with that transition, I went from having all the free time in the world to being swamped and exhausted 90 per cent of the time. It's been an interesting year, full of learning curves and growing pains, but the truth is I wouldn't change it for the world. I mean, look at these ridiculous photos, it wasn't all hard work.

I went puddle jumping in my new $2 rain boots, I had to borrow my pal's enormous shoes to survive the remainder of a swampy backyard barbeque, I dressed up as the paper bag princess and danced it up at the Fairy Tales and Legends party, I ate an entire lobster and played with it a bit while I was at it, I dressed up as Captain Condom and took photos in the middle of a highly populated park, I got angry, I slayed zombies, I met Chris Hadfield (not really, but I will next year when he comes to Jasper for the Dark Sky Festival!) and I channeled my inner Jack Torrance.

I did a lot this year, and I hope that in 2014 I'll manage to do even more. But to do that, I need to find a healthy work/life balance. So, that's my goal for this new year. I need to learn when enough is enough. I want to go home at a decent hour each day and stop eating my meals at my desk. I want to make time for the outdoors and for creative pursuits. I want to say yes to adventures and no to long hours in the office.

I guess, I just want to be a well-rounded, healthy person again. That's my goal.

What's yours?

4 comments:

  1. Great goal. I guess, overall, over all my other little goals, my real interest is being healthier and more balanced. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2014 is full of even more daft adventures and plenty of sleep!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My latest - and very specific goal - for 2014 is to visit my Bestest Blog Buddy in Jasper on October 25 and she's (cross my fingers) going to introduce me to Chris Hadfield! I finally have an "in" to (potentially) meet someone famous! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like 2013 was fun for you! I have a bunch of goals this year, but one of them is definitely to live more healthy too. Life is about balance.

    ReplyDelete