Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tromping through the snow



My pal Kevin and I went out for our first snowshoe of the season the other day. It was a beautiful, warm day. Uncharacteristically warm: +2 C. We have been having a nutty winter, that's for sure. We went from -35 C to -5 C and then up to +2 C and now we're down to -15 C. I'm not complaining, though. The changes in the weather make every morning a new adventure. I always check the weather before I get near my closet and before I walk out the door to ensure I'm appropriately attired for what Mother Nature is going to dish out that day.

Anyway, back to the snowshoeing. Because it was so warm, there was some light snow, making for white out conditions that hide the majestic mountains in the distance. We didn't let that get us down, though. We had Kevin's dog Lola along for entertainment. That little border collie loves the snow. She was bounding through it without effort.




Have you been on any showshoeing adventures lately? If not, I highly recommend you bring a dog along for the ride. They are a heck of a lot of fun to watch and play with in the snow.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS WITH YOU!!! When am I coming back?!?!? Your pictures are beautiful. Loving that new camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back! We can go snowshoeing and go on a canyon walk! Heck ya for winter activities!

      Also, yes, the cam is amazeballs. Love, love, lovin' it.

      Delete
  2. Aww, his puppy is named Lola annnnd she's a border collie! So sweet! :D Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun! i really want to do this, but i live in bali, so practically, everyday is summer here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowshoeing is one of my favourite winter activities - I espeacially like going out in a snow storm!

    We've had unseasonally warm weather here too just recently, so haven't managed to go snow shoeing since just before Christmas! But there's more snow on the way at the end of the week so perhaps this weekend it will be possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics are so cute! I've never been showshoing- it looks crazy hard! But beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete