Thursday, January 23, 2014

What to Wear: a cozy night in


This prompt couldn't have come at a better time! Lately I've been coming home early, climbing into some cozy tights and then curling up with a good book. Right now I'm reading House in the Sky, a non-fiction account of a journalist who was captured and held captive for a year in Somalia. I just reached the part where she enters the country, so the intense stuff is just about to start.


For me, a cozy night in wouldn't be complete without tights or PJ pants. Pants are overrated, so they're usually the first thing to go. As for tops, sometimes I'll end up lounging around in whatever I was wearing that day and other times I'll pull out a hoodie or wool sweater to make things extra cozy. I'm also a big fan of leg warmers, so they make an appearance from time to time, as well.

Well, there you have it, friends, my outfit for a cozy night in. It's nothing special, but it's certainly comfortable.

If you'd like to show off your favourite lounge wear, feel free to link up with the rest of the What to Wear ladies. We'd love to see your coziest of cozy outfits. And if you can't make it this time around, why not join us on Feb. 6 when we share What to Wear: on Valentine's Day? See you then!


What's your favourite thing to wear when you're curling up on the couch?

6 comments:

  1. I only have one pair of leg warmers and I have yet to wear them, but your outfit is pushing me to pull them out and put those suckers on. I love the idea of comfy tights. Usually they're too restrictive but yours look quite cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the Cozy Tights Club! I mean if you really want to be comfy tights are pretty much the only way to go :) And I am totally the same way the moment I know I am not leaving the house again for the day off come the pants and on come the tights or pj bottoms hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll wear my yoga pants around the house from time to time, for sure I love those leg warmers!! And that couch looks as soft as a CLOUD, I don't know how you do anything but sleep joyously on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man- we have the exact same lounge plan: shirt from the day to pretend I'm still dressed + leggings :) I've pretty much been living in a similar hoodie too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks are adorable! The outfit looks really comfy.
    I had intended to join in this week, I took the photos started writing the post, but my internet wouldn't up load the photos. I am definitely going to try and make it for the Valentines day one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those socks! Cutest pandas ever.

    I might join this on the Valentine's day one!

    ReplyDelete