Friday, February 21, 2014

Project Life swap



Last month Lisa of the Not Ladylike variety organized a supply swap with a bunch of Project Lifers, and, of course, I jumped at the opportunity to not only put together a package of goodies for a fellow memory keeper, but to receive one myself.

Marci from Like a Small Fire put together the above parcel for me. (If you don't know that girl, you really need to head over to her blog—she's full of hilarity and adorable outfits.) When it arrived on Wednesday, I was super stoked to open my fancy stripped envelope and I was even more excited when I found a bunch of goodies that I otherwise would've never found! My favourite items were magazine clippings and homemade stickers. Marci also included some blank labels for me to turn into my very own stickers. Such a great idea!!



My swap partner was Elyse of Life Without Lemons. Above is one of the photos she took of her supply haul. I had so much fun going through my things and picking out the perfect items for her. It was even more exciting when she posted about it and gushed about being super happy with her new swag.

After the success of this swap, I definitely think another is in order. Maybe not this month or next, but definitely in the not-so-distant future. (Hint, hint, Lisa!!)

Thanks so much to Lisa for organizing the swap and to Marci for sending me such a wonderful package. This has been super-duper fun! (And, Marci, I got down to work last night and managed to use some of my new goodies. So, keep your eyes out for a PL post in the near future, you might just see some familiar accents making an appearance.)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some great stuff! Agreed it was great fun to give and receive some goodies- happy post is the best kinda post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super glad that everyone seems to have really enjoyed it! I haven't got my package yet...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun swap! I'm a bit unsure about project life as it's pretty expensive to start, do you think it's worth it?
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely expensive, but you can get around that. I just bought a regular scrapbook album at Value Village for $2 and inside were about 25 page protectors. So I plan to just take the pages out and use them in my project life binder. You don't have to buy the specific PL stuff. I like the kits, but you don't have to use those either. There are so many free printables online and you can make your own journaling cards. You can definitely make it affordable.

      AND, once you have a completed binder you won't at all regret the time and the money. It is seriously one of the best keepsakes I could have ever imagined.

      Delete