Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snowshoeing up Bald Hills


When I woke up to my alarm on Sunday, I was dreading getting out of bed. Although I had been excitedly planning that day's snowshoe adventure for a week, on the morning of, I was anything but thrilled to be forced from my warm bed and out into the elements. But, knowing I couldn't let Mishelle down, I dragged myself from my cozy nest and threw on every imaginable layer in my wardrobe, preparing myself for a cold day trudging through the snow to the top of Bald Hills.


Bald Hills is a steep hike up to an amazing overlook of Maligne Lake. You start out climbing up a fire road and then find yourself above the treeline, making your way up to the summit. The second half of the adventure is definitely the most difficult, but the reward is the above view and the opportunity to slide down the treeless slopes on you butt. Awesome!



By the time we finished our five hour adventure, I was mighty frosty from heavily breathing all over my hair! I guess now I know what I'll look like when I'm old and grey!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure I will never not be jealous of your adventures. It's so prettyyyy!

    ReplyDelete