Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Two-year blanket


Two years ago I pulled out a ball of wool and a crochet hook with the intention of whipping up a blanket to bring to festivals. Well, two years later, it's finally finished. Now, to be fair, I didn't work on it on the regular. I probably finished a quarter of it and then put it down for a year, picked it up for another week and then put it down again and then finally I decided enough was enough and got it finished last night.

I'm so pleased with the outcome. The colours are so bright and cheerful and it's the perfect size for curling up on the couch for a cozy night in. Although I'd love to keep this beauty, I've decided to give it to my girlfriend who just moved into a new retro house that could totally use a crocheted granny blanket for its 70s couch. It only seems fair to fill the void. Plus, is there a better housewarming gift than a handmade blankie? I think not!

Have you ever crocheted a blanket?
Now that I've done one, I'm inspired to make another for myself. 
My couch could definitely use one, as well. Now the question is: what wool to use?

8 comments:

  1. That blanket came out so wonderfully! I love the fun colors. I've never tried to make something so big, but I am totally inspired to do so now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great blanket love the colors! I have never done that but I did make a scarf a couple weeks ago

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Love the yarn! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blanket looks great! I love Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand.
    grannysquareflair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so lovely! I'm glad you finished it up finally. I love all of the crocheted blankets I have in my life. Most of them are thrifted! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOoooooh I likey, it's as if you brought some bermuda waters up to the frigid north! Great job!
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love crocheting blankets! Be warned that now you've started you will make more and you will run out of places to use them!

    ReplyDelete